Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My New Bed Room

 

This past summer my brother graduated from college and moved back home.  He was planning on moving into my room since I was going to be moving out.  Since the wedding was called off, it was only fair of me to give him my room anyways and I move back in with my 2 sisters.  I use to share a room with them a few years back so I didn’t mind doing it again. Even though they have the largest room in the house it was still rather hard to fit all of my stuff in.

 

Just because it is the largest doesn’t mean it is the most ideal.  It doesn’t have a closet.  So, My dad and mom hung 2 rods on the wall with a shelf on the top of each.459

 

Then they used pluming pipes and bed sheet to cover it up so you can’t see the clothes.484

We bought the pink blanket brand new from goodwill for $20, which we found out later that week at Target for $80.  My mom used the quilt that my great grandmother made and sewed it on top of the pink blanket. Then made 2 additional throw pillows with the 4 extra squares. She is so talented!485

 

I bought this barely used couch for only $125!!!! I couldn’t believe it! New it cost $1500486

I couldn’t believe the deal that I got on this table.  I bought this $1800 pottery barn table with 2 leaves and 4 chairs for ONLY $75!!!!  That’s right $75, it was love at first sight!!!483

 

With 3 people in 1 room there will always be 3 times as many things. Including laundry!! 487

It took a lot of work but we finally got our room in order.

So what do you think did we do a good job decorating one room for 3 girls of 3 different ages (21,13,11) and 3 totally different personalities and styles?

9 comments:

  1. You did a great job! looks great. I am impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am curious how the 3 of you sleep in one bed??? You must not move at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you did a great job. you really got a good deal on the PB table it looks very nice. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this table! What a deal!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh... I just stumbled on your blog over from your sister's House of Grace. I smiled completely when I saw your blog name. You're Bargain Blondie and I'm Budget Blonde.... So, since our blog names are so similar, I think we should be blog friends. ;) Love your room too, btw! And you're my kinda gal with your thriftyness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. 3 girls in 1 bed....not for me- id be grabbing another twin bed QUICK LOL...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job. Love the quilt on the bed! Oh, and the table is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 3 girls in one QUEEN size bed!?! Is that big enough? I would think you'd need a KING!

    Great job on reorganizing your room. I love it!


    Just Better Together

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails