Monday, September 13, 2010

Flower Pens

 

This past week I babysat for a friend. While I was there I noticed that she had the cutest flower pens that I have ever seen. I was looking at them closer and realized that they didn’t look very hard to make.

 

So… I went to the dollar store and I bought green florist tape, I used some fake flowers that I already had in my bedroom and pens from around the house. 039

 

Cut the flower stems off leaving about 1 1/2 to 2 inches left. 035 

 

Hold the flower at the top of the pen and start to wrap the tape around to secure the flower.042

 

Continue wrapping the tape around the rest of the pen. 044

 

   Until the whole pen is covered.051

 

Repeat for the rest of the flowers.049 

 

When finished put all of the pens in a small vase and use as a center piece.091   

I hope you enjoy making these flower pens as much as I did.  Altogether it only took my 20 minutes to make and only cost me $1.00 for the green tape. :) 

P.S.  These make great gift ideas with a little note book !

What do you think, does it seem pretty easy?

Let me know how yours turn out!

7 comments:

  1. Great idea, especially a cute little gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely easy! I am going to make this for gifts! :)

    Just Better Together

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those pens, and you're right, they're SO easy to make!
    I found you from your sister. Yay! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks I hope you all have as much fun making them as I had! Let me know how you did

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I have some in a vase next to my computer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post! I made some like this for my mom for her birthday! So cute :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails