Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Apple Crisp

 

I absolutely love fall!  I would like to give you some of my favorite recipes and here is one of them. 

The first thing you will need is apples.  I would say about 2 lbs of apples (about 6 apples), it should fill a pie pan.  My family loves to use Jonathan apples, they are the best to bake with, have the best flavor and become nice and soft!   We like less apples and more crisp because we don’t sweeten the apples in any way.  The only sweet part is the crisp on the top!

 

Peel and cut apples. We use this very handy apple peeler and cutter. It saves so much time!003

 

Have the peels go directly to a garbage of compost bucket for easy clean up.024

 

We then cut the apples in half and spread out on a tray (A pie pan works well too).011

 

Combined all ingredients (full recipe is at the bottom of this post) and mash with a  masher.018

Until is just crumbles :)022 

Spread on top of the apples.032 

Bake at 400 for 40 to 45 min.052 

Or until the apples are soft when poked with a fork and the crisp is golden brown.059

 

Serve with vanilla ice-cream!!! We only had chocolate chip, it was still great!!!070

Apple Crisp

1/2 Cup Oat Meal
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Melted Butter
1/4 Cup Flour
1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon 

Combined all ingredients together until it crumbles!

I hope you enjoy this amazing dish… Let me know what you think!!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. I will for sure be trying this and I will let you know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck Jennifer!! :) i know you will love it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails