This past weekend I couldn’t figure out why I was so tired.
It turns out that I wasn’t getting enough iron and I was a little anemic. I figured out that it is very common in women to be lacking in iron. So I went online to see what kind of foods contain iron.
Foods that are a good source of iron include:
- lean red meats including: beef, pork and lamb
- seafood such as: oysters, clams, tuna, salmon, shrimp, etc.
- beans: kidney beans, lima beans, navy, black, pinto, soy beans, and lentils
- iron fortified whole grains including: cereals, breads, rice, and pasta
- greens such as: collard greens, kale, mustard greens, spinach, and turnip greens
- vegetables: broccoli, swiss chard, asparagus, parsley, watercress, brussel sprouts
- chicken and turkey
- blackstrap molasses
- egg yolks
- dried fruits such as: raisins, prunes, dates and apricots
Most girls are lacking in iron, especially pregnant or nursing mothers. It is very hard to get all of the proper nutrients that you need, even when you try to eat the right food. Organic food is hard to come by and if you want to get the proper amount of nutrients you would have to eat a mass quantity which is very expensive. That is why I like to take my supplements every day.
There is a little trick that I would like to share with you to see if you are anemic (having less than the normal number of red blood cells).
Crazy right? I am telling you, you will want to try it out on everyone. It really works!
I take two vita-lea with iron and 2 of the iron plus C as well. Now, I know what you are thinking. Someone has told you that iron will back up your system. My mom has been taking iron during all of her pregnancies including the twelfth baby on the way. That’s right, TWELFTH! She told me that this iron wasn’t like any other one that she has every taken. She has never had a problem with it.
You don’t like it? Then get your money back 100%!!!!
So treat yourself to this wonderful bust of natural energy. Take care of yourself now, because that is the only thing that you are going to be taking with you in the future!
So give it a try. Are you lacking in iron?