Friday, February 18, 2011

How To Make Dried Pineapple!!

Bardain of the week!!!

This week I was shopping at the grocery store only to find that pineapple was on sale for $0.99.  I love pineapple so naturally I couldn’t pass it up!  If you know my family you know that I can’t just buy one pineapple so I bought them all lol!
 
There are a couple of things that I have made using these pineapples.039
 
First I cut the top off the pineapple.040 
 
Next I use our handy dandy pineapple cutter  041042
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 






Then you pull the pineapple out!
046
060























 
I then put a Stainless Steal cookie sheet on a jelly role pan. 061
 
Cut one side of the pineapple!063
 
Place the pineapple on the cookie sheet. 065
 
Pre-heat your oven to the lowest temperature it goes to, mine goes all the way down to 170. Also  I put a wooden spoon in the door to keep the over propped open while dehydrating. 074
It will take several hours to dehydrate the the pineapple and some might finish before the others, just keep checking them.075
 
I also cut up some of the other pineapples into smaller pieces so I could freeze.066
 
I put the pineapple in a freezer container and put it in the freezer.072

What is your favorite fruit?

1 comment:

  1. I want that pineapple cutter!!!

    I was born and raised in Hawaii so anytime pineapple goes on sale, I buy them all, too, lol! Except, I don't have an awesome cutter like yours. ;-)

    Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails