Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy St. Valentines Day

 

First off I would like to say Happy St. Valentines Day to every a day late. St Valentines Days is one day out of a year that couples can show their love for the other person. What about the other 364 day a year?  Shouldn’t we show our loved ones that we love them everyday?

107.5 

Just a side note!

This is Brandon, my boyfriend of going on 6 months. He was the teller at my bank for almost 2 years before we started hanging out. It turns out that he went to my high school, lives in my neighborhood and lives on Elizabeth Lane. Crazy huh?

God has been so good to me that I am so thankful that he has brought Brandon into my life. I am pretty sure that no one has ever treated me better than he has. Which brings me to the rest of my post.

 

 

This year I told Brandon that I didn’t want to go out on Valentines Day. He was very nice about it and politely asked me why. I explained to him how I felt about this particular holiday and how it has turned into somewhat of a hallmark holiday. 

I Love the idea of showing people that you love them. Showing people that you love them is one thing but doing it because society says you should is another. I want them to do something because they want to, not because they have to.

You ladies will never believe what Brandon did for me… 079That’s right he made me a candle light dinner at his house. But get this, it wasn’t just a candle light dinner it was a surf and turf dinner served with red wine and accompanied by a beautiful flower bouquet!!! OMGosh… It was so amazingly delicious!!! I still can’t believe that he made it all by himself, I was very impressed.

 

We started out with a salad where he even made his own croutons.  080

Then we had shrimp kabobs glazed with a warm garlic butter for an appetizer.084

 

For the main meal we had beef filet mignon wrapped in bacon, crab legs and lobster!100 

But that is not all… we had ice-cream for dessert toped with thawed raspberries.111 

As you can see Brandon went above and beyond with everything he did. This has to be, by far, the best Valentines Day I have ever had. I can tell that he really cares and that he wanted to do this for me!

What was your favorite Valentines Day and What did you do?

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm impressed! He's a keeper. <3 What a yummy menu too. That is the sweetest thing I've heard in awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) i would have to agree that he is a keep and your right the menu was amazing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails