Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Past 2 Years!

462.5   

About Me!

This is me, Elisabeth. I am the 22 years old and 4th oldest of 12 children. I am dating an amazing man and while working from home, at a salon and helping out around the house. I started this blog over 2 years ago with the intentions of helping people learn to live a lifestyle to be proud of; manage their money while still having a life.  

I am going to recap the highlights from the past 2 years. For all of you who don't know my story, here it goes.

I started this blog while I was working around 33 Hours a week as part time nanny, spent around 7 more hours working from home as a part time hair stylist.  I loved the idea about working from home and I knew that 038one day I would like work full time from home. I thought my dream would come true when my boyfriend asked me to marry him. We spent a few months planning the wedding, showers and everything in-between. My hope chest got turned into a hope attic when I started to buy everything that I needed for our new home. Everything was going great until I got a phone call from my fiancé saying that he wasn't ready to get married and that he wanted to wait 3 more year until he was ready. I quote "I just wish I could put you on a shelf for 3 years and take you down when I am ready." You can imagine my frustration, so I called off the whole thing. I had undo everything that I had just done and start over.

 278232_10150373235519829_192482054828_10424997_2437052_o
By the grace of God and with the help of the lady I nannyed for, I got a job at a salon and started to save my money. It was a good thing that I did because 6 months after the wedding was called off, I was notified that I was getting sued by the reception hall place for $2500 (I would highly recommend not going there!!). Since my ex wasn’t there at the signing they didn’t go after him and he wouldn’t pay me anything and he still hasn’t!! “I” ended up paying out over $4,000 in the cancelation on “our” wedding, funny how that works out isn’t it?

326

If you have been following me from the beginning you might remember my red Astro Caravan, well I finally upgraded to my very own  Honda and I love it. It saves me so much money on gas compared to my old van. Although within 48 hours of me owning my new/used car, I got into a accident! :-( A guy pulled out in front of me while he was making a left hand turn. You can imagine how I felt at that time, my heart sank!! 2 months later (and $7,200 later) I got my car back and it looked just like new, as it should, lucky it wasn’t my014.5 fault and I didn't’ have to pay for all of it.

 
Today I am happily dating an amazing man, I am at my goal weight and I am working both at home (Doing Hair and Building my Marketing Team) and at the salon.  My life has taken a 360* turn and I couldn’t be happier! Just remember to keep your head held high and never (and I mean NEVER ) loose sight of your future!  It is what you make it out to be!

Thank you for following. I am looking forward to sharing all of my life skills with each and everyone of you! Until next time, and it won’t be 2 months again.  :(  sorry about that, as you just read I have been a little busy getting my life back in order.

 

3 comments:

  1. Great post!!! You went through a lot and are blessed for it!! You are an amazing person you will have always have ups and downs but with God by your side, you can handle anything! Love you, Bonnie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Elisabeth -- I've been a follower of your families (moms and sister's too) blog for quite a while -- of course I was intrigued when I ran across the Parents of a Dozen blog…:) and that led me to yours too.
    Sorry to hear all of the issues you've had but you are stronger and better for those experiences. I hate they were so costly to you. God Bless and hang in there…..can't wait to see more.
    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're such a strong woman! I am so so soooo happy for you that things are moving in the right direction :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails